Monday, 12 July 2010

Kickin' it for Michelle

Hi girls
I've finally managed to get me card sorted out for Michelle.

I'm sure most of you know by now that our lovely blogging buddy Michelle Oatman of
had a terrible accident a couple of weekends ago in which she lost an eye. As a result of this tragic accident there is a lovely appeal on the Spoonful of Sugar Challenge by her fellow teamies asking us to send Donkey Smiles to Michelle.

There are two fabulous free images especially for our cards one kindly made by Tina Wenke of Stampavie and the other, which I have used, is by two of Whimsy Stamps lovely Artists Melissa Jenkins and Ann Vento who have teamed up to bring us this gorgeous donkey image and matching sentiments, which are both available to download free from the Whimsy Stamps store page but it would be lovely if you would give a donation to a special fund her DT buddies have set up to help with her hospital costs.

So, onto my card. I've coloured part of the image with copic markers. the body of the donkey I've paper pieced with the same card, which is Kanban, as the base of my card. A little punched border, ribbon and a flower complete the look.
Thanks for stopping by, please, if you've not already done so pay a visit to Michelle and leave her a message of support:)
challenges:
A Spoon Full of Sugar - card drive for Michelle
Wild Orchid - say it with flowers
The Crazy Challenge - it's hip to be square


8 comments:

  1. WOW I love this image and all the cards look so different with that cute wee Donkey. I love yours its brill. Hope all is well with you, Love Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann
    A gorgeous card,beautiful DP's,
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Anne,i love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Anne! Love the paper piecing, really stands out! I'm sure Michelle will love this. Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so darn cute that paper piecing is beautiful :D I am sure she will love it.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this is lovely, and guess what, I was just about, (wait til tomorrow now,) paper piece the same image also in pink!!

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable--a pink donkey! I love the paper-piecing--what a gorgeous card! Thank you for joining our first challenge at Wild Orchid!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable card. Love the image is so cute (and for good cause:). Very pretty!
    Thank you for joining us at "Crazy challenge" this week. Hope to see you again!
    hugs Nana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment
Anne x

 
01 09 10